:to think about or discuss issues and decisions carefully
Welcome to C-SPAN Classroom Deliberations! This website is designed to engage students in classroom deliberations about current issues being debated in the United States. Here you will find a set of C-SPAN primary source video clips and newspaper articles that concisely present the leading positions on each issue. Teachers will find handouts, current events, lesson plans, and deliberation strategies that make it easy to engage students in the issues.
- Should the legislative filibuster rule be eliminated in the Senate?
- Is the president given too much power during national emergency declarations?
- What should the United States do to address issues along the U.S.-Mexico border?
- Should your state modify its voter registration laws and methods for submitting a ballot?
- What are ways for youth to engage in politics?
- What is the best approach to US foreign policy in the 21st century?
- What is "Fake News" and How Does It Impact Our Lives?
- Should the Electoral College Be Reformed?
- Sanctuary Cities and Federal Immigration Enforcement Efforts
- Should There Be Term Limits For Members of Congress?