Here are some thoughts on how to use social media and other Internet resources to engage students in the 2012 election and American politics more generally.
Uses for class blogs:
- To post questions or comments about the readings before we discuss them in class;
- To follow up on class discussions with additional comments or questions.
- To post relevant news items or videos.
- A student comments on Huntsman
- Another student muses on Romney's relative weakness (back in November)
- A promo for a talk on campaign finance.
- A blog post as a platform for lecture and discussion
- Media Coverage -- including a zombie attack
- Simulated tweets from McCaskill
- Bill acronyms as political tools
Public Opinion and Political Ideology
Video and Primary Sources
- The Living Room Candidate
- C-SPAN Video Library
- Using the video library: the moment that made Gingrich
- Document: Gingrich to Reagan in 1980